Sunday, March 11, 2012

Life goes on

I have been thinking about my poor neglected blog for months now, and every time I think about posting I think about how much has happened since I last posted and I'm not sure where to start. So I thought I would jump in to current stuff and move backwards when I get a chance.
So I wanted to start with my FO's for 2012, my first one is Legwarmies by Alana Dakos, I made these for Eva my niece I used Sublime yarns extra fine merino in DK in the Redcurrant colourway I used 1.25 balls and I knit them up on 3.75mm needles. I finished these on the 25Th of February.
This would also make great wrist warmers for an adult.
My second FO for 2012 is actually my first I'm not actually doing these in order, This is the Modish cowl by Stephen West, I knit it in Bendigo Luxury 10ply in Koala and stone on 8mm needles and I finished it on the 1st of January. I'm really looking forward to wearing this come winter.
My third project is something that I started way back in September 2010, it is the Hurricane hat by Andrea Goutier. I knit it with Malabrigo worsted on 4.5mm needles and I finished it on 24th of February.
The next FO is a beanie I knit for charity I used the Regular guy beanie pattern by Chuck Wright, and I knit it with Caron Simply Soft on 4.5mm needles. I finished it on the 2nd of march. This is the first time I have knitted with arcylic and I have to say it really wasn't a thrill at all.
I think I have enough yarn to knit at least one more beanie from this ball, and at some stage I will I'm just not in a hurry to pick it up again.
Now on to my last FO so far, this is another beanie using the regular guy beanie pattern and I have to say this is just the perfect hat for Mike. I knit this using Morris Pure, this is a 10ply 100 %wool yarn in Blue jean colourway and I knit it on 4mm needles. I was worried about running out of yarn so I made it 1/2 inch shorted than I would have liked. I finished this on the 3rd of March.
Now for some reason Blogger is only letting me add one link in the post, I'm really sorry about this if you have any question about the projects just pm and I will try and help out.
Until next time Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

catsmum said...

you HAVE been a busy girl :) Are you coming to Bendi to replenish your yarn supply ? :P